Leadership Certificate Program
Mission: The “UB-a-Leader” Leadership Certificate Program provides student-athletes the necessary training, education, and development to be effective leaders in the community. Here are the following requirements to be met by the student-athlete participants:
- Attend 4 Life Skills development workshops
- After each workshop, complete the “Leadership Workshop Reflection Form”
- Complete UBE102: Dynamics of Leadership in Sport
- Attend and participate in 6 Leader Links meetings
- Initiate, participate, and complete 2 community service projects
- Complete a total of 20 hours of community service hours
- Attend and participate in at least 1 Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) meetings per semester. Exceptions will be made for those who have a class conflict.
- Maintain a running transcript recording your progress provided by the University at Buffalo
- Please refer to the “Program Guide to Success.” Any requirements not completed within the time frame of the program, 4 semesters, will result in the removal from this program with the exception of extenuating circumstances Please note that this program’s timeline is subject to change and student-athletes will be notified upon any amendments.
- Upon completion of requirements stated above, the “Final Reflection” form will be completed, which includes, but not limited to, student-athletes experience in the leadership program, changes in their leadership style, and support on why they have chosen their leadership style.
*Please note that exceptions can be made in order to “grandfather” in upper-class student-athletes who have been actively involved and have already met some of the requirements.