SAAC Bulls Pride Challenge
The SAAC Bulls Pride Challenge is for all varsity teams capturing all accomplishments that occur throughout the academic and athletic year.
This challenge offers an outwardly visible account of the positive things our student-athletes are doing. It also holds student-athletes, coaches, and teams as a whole accountable for their accomplishments in various categories, and for the competitive side of our athletes to be used towards something other than just athletic participation.
The categories within the Bulls Pride Challenge are
- Excellence in the Community
- Bulls Spirit
- Athletic Team of the Year
- Athlete of the Year
- Academic Team of the Year
Each category focuses on developing leadership, teamwork, supporting other student-athletes, and academic achievement.
How to Submit for the Chance to Win the Excellence in the Community and Bulls Spirit Awards
- Teams must submit a resume at the end of the fall and spring semester to be voted upon by the SAAC Executive Board.
- Fall semester resumes are due by December 15th.
- Spring semester resumes are due April 15th.
- For the Bulls Spirit Resume Form, please click, GO BULLS!
- For the Excellence in the Community Award, please click, GIVING BACK!
The process for winning Athletic Team of the Year, Athlete of the Year, and Academic Team of the Year is currently under review.
The Strengthening the Bulls Spirit Award honors the top three teams who visibly show pride toward UB, their fellow Bulls, their team, and themselves. This award also honors those teams who support the University at Buffalo Student-Athlete Code. The recipients of this award will be considered based on the following criteria:
- Athletes-for-Athletes participation, which includes vocal and
visual support such as leading cheers and getting to know the fans
that come to the sporting events.
- Considerations are in place because of the varying team sizes by placing baseline spirit percentages below.
- Attendance will be taken at the AFA events.
- Bulls-for-Bulls participation, which includes but is not
limited to vocal and visual support such as leading cheers and
getting to know the fans that come to the sporting events.
- Anytime the Baseline Spirit % of your team goes to a non-AFA sporting event, it counts towards the Bulls-for-Bulls program. Considerations are in place because of the varying team sizes by placing baseline spirit percentages below.
- To receive recognition for your Bulls-for-Bulls participation, a picture of the group who went to the sporting event AND at 3 pictures of the group showing their pride must be taken.
- Other acts of spirit shown by the team outside AFA and BFB.
Excellence in the Community
The Excellence in the Community Award honors the top three teams who make positive impacts in the international, national, regional and local community. This award also honors those teams who support of the University at Buffalo Student-Athlete Code. The recipients of this award will be considered based on the following criteria:
- Team Community Service Projects, which includes doing at least
1 team community service project.
- Considerations are in place because of the varying team sizes by placing baseline community percentages below.
- To receive recognition for your Team Community Service projects, the team must clear it through the SAAC Community Outreach Officer AND take at least 1 picture of the group who went to project.
- A news release, to be featured on the main website can be written if you fill-out the “Team Community Service Project Press Release Form” and give it to the SAAC Vice-President.
- SAAC Community Service Initiatives, which includes teams
participating in community service projects set-up by the SAAC
Community Outreach Officer.
- The SAAC EBoard does not expect teams to participate in each initiative.
- SAAC Community Service initiatives are first come, first serve.
- SAAC Community Service initiatives reflect the interests of the student-athlete body and SAAC Community Outreach Office.
- Other volunteer services to the community outside Team Community Service Projects and SAAC Community Service Initiatives, which includes but is not limited to individual community service and cross-team efforts.
|TEAM||BASELINE COMMUNITY and SPIRIT %|
|Men's Track & Field||70%|
|Women's Track & Field||70%|
|Men's Cross Country||80%|
|Women's Cross Country||80%|
|Men's Swimming & Diving||80%|
|Women's Swimming & Diving||80%|