WILLIAMSVILLE, NY – Having two matches cancelled last week was not enough to slow down the University at Buffalo women's team as the Bulls defeated ASA College, 6-1, to remain undefeated at 4-0.
Playing shorthanded, ASA had to forfeit the contest at third doubles and the Bulls quickly won the doubles point after a pair of 8-2 victories. The team of Tanvi Shah and Miranda Podlas remained undefeated at first doubles in duel play, while Marta Stoyanova and Laura Fernandez also picked up a win at second doubles.
The Bulls picked up a victory via forfeit at sixth singles to go up 2-0 in the match. Podlas won her contest at second singles 6-1, 6-0 and then Tamara Markovic clinched the match with a 6-1, 6-0 victory at fourth singles. Fernandez won her fourth straight duel match at third singles with a 6-1, 6-3 victory and freshman Gopkia Kapoor won at fifth singles 6-1, 6-1, playing in her first match of the spring.
Buffalo remains home next weekend for a pair of matches at the Miller Tennis Center. UB will host Temple on Saturday at 1:00 pm and Binghamton on Sunday at 1:00 pm.
2. Marta Stoyanova/Laura Fernandez (UB) def. Teona Tatishvili/Tamar Tskhaskaia (ASA), 8-2
3. Tamara Markovic/Anamaria Candanoza (UB) won forfeit
Order of finish: 3,2,1
1. Dayana Agasieva (ASA) def. Tanvi Shah (UB), 2-6, 7-5, 13-11
2. Miranda Podlas (UB) def. Tamar Tshaskaia (ASA), 6-1, 6-0
3. Laura Fernandez (UB) def. Diana Perez (ASA), 6-1, 6-3
4. Tamara Markovic (UB) def. Fatima Ouattara (ASA), 6-1, 6-0
5. Gopkia Kapoor (UB) def. Teona Tatishvill (ASA), 6-1, 6-1
6. Marta Stoyanova (UB) won forfeit