Bulls Fall Short At Eastern Michigan, 4-3
YPSILANTI, MI – The University at Buffalo women's tennis team fell short at Eastern Michigan on Saturday, splitting the six singles matches. The Bulls are still looking for their first conference victory.
UB took the match at first doubles as Diana Popescu and Miranda Podlas defeated Miriam Westerink and Nino Mebuke, 8-7 (5). The Eagles took matches at second and third doubles, 8-3 and 8-4, respectively.
The Eagles and Bulls split the six singles matches with all of them finishing in straight sets. The Eagles took the matches at second, third and fourth singles, while the Bulls took the rest. Popescu defeated Westerink at first singles taking the first set 6-0 before Westerink retired. Tamara Markovic claimed her match at fifth singles as she defeated Marcela Rivero, 6-3, 6-3, while Podlas completed a perfect weekend as she defeated Georgia de'Lisle-Tarr at sixth singles, 6-1, 6-2.
The Bulls return home for their final match at UB this season as it hosts Northern Illinois on Friday afternoon at 1:00 pm.
1. Popescu/Podlas (UB) def. Westerink/Mebuke (EMU) 8-7(5)
2. Xu/de'Lisle-Tarr (EMU) def. Petrova/Golenko (UB) 8-3
3. Toncheva/Rivero (EMU) def. Markovic/Bates (UB) 8-4
1. Diana Popescu (UB) def. Miriam Westerink (EMU) 6-0,Ret.
2. Nino Mebuke (EMU) def. Adi Petrova (UB) 6-1,6-2
3. Xu Chang (EMU) def. Marta Stoyanova (UB) 6-3,7-6(4)
4. Mariya Toncheva (EMU) def. Kira Golenko (UB) 6-0,6-4
5. Tamara Markovic (UB) def. Marcela Rivero (EMU) 6-3,6-3
6. Miranda Podlas (UB) def. Georgia de'Lisle-Tarr (EMU) 6-1,6-2