Bulls Host #24 Akron on Saturday
Buffalo (11-17, 6-7 MAC) vs. Akron (23-4, 13-0 MAC)
Date: Saturday, March 2
Time: 6:00 pm
Site: Alumni Arena - Buffalo , NY
Radio: 1230 AM/102.9 FM WECK
TV: SportsTime Ohio/ESPN3
Click here for Live Audio
Click here for Live Video
Click here for Live Stats
Click here for Game Notes
BUFFALO, NY - Buffalo will look to bounce back from consecutive heartbreaking losses when it hosts #24 Akron on Saturday night.
The Bulls are 11-17 overall and 6-7 in the MAC and are coming off an 83-81 overtime loss at Kent State on Wednesday night. Javon McCrea led the Bulls with 32 points, 15 rebounds and a career-high eight blocked shots. Jarryn Skeete and Will Regan added 14 points for the Bulls.
Akron is 23-4 overall, 13-0 in the MAC and are ranked 24th in the USA Today Coaches Poll. The Zips are coming off an 88-81 overtime win at Ohio on Wednesday night. Akron is led by Zeke Marshall who is averaging 12.7 points, 6.9 rebounds and 3.5 blocks per game.
Akron leads the all-time series, 26-21. The Zips won the last meeting, 68-64, at Rhodes Arena on Jan. 26. Jarryn Skeete scored a career-high 19 points to lead UB.
• The Bulls are looking for their first ever win over a ranked program.
• Buffalo has won three straight over Akron at Alumni Arena and has a 9-4 record against the Zips at home under Reggie Witherspoon.
• Javon McCrea is one of only two players who have scored in double-figures in every MAC game this year (CMU's Kyle Randall).
• The Bulls have averaged 51 percent shooting from the field over the last four games.
• Javon McCrea is the only player to rank in the top three in the MAC in scoring, rebounding, field goal percentage and blocked shots.
• Buffalo's 12 blocked shots at Kent State were the most in a game since it had 12 against Fairleigh Dickinson on Dec. 3, 1973.
• In 2002, Buffalo handed Kent State its only conference loss en route to a run to the NCAA Elite 8.
• After scoring over 70 points just once over the first 10 MAC games, the Bulls have scored at least 75 points in three straight conference tilts.