Buffalo (11-16, 6-6 MAC) at Kent State (15-12, 5-7 MAC)
Date: Wednesday, February 27
Time: 7:00 pm
Site: M.A.C. Center - Kent, OH
Radio: 1230 AM/102.9 FM WECK
Click here for Live Audio
Click here for Live Video
Click here for Live Stats
Click here for Game Notes
BUFFALO, NY - Looking for a fourth straight MAC win, Buffalo will travel to Kent State on Wednesday night to face the Golden Flashes.
The Bulls are 11-16 overall and 6-6 in the MAC and are coming off a 65-64 loss to Manhattan on Saturday afternoon. Tony Watson led the Bulls with 24 points, including seven three-pointers. Javon McCrea posted his ninth double-double of the season with 15 points, 11 rebounds and a career-best six blocked shots.
Kent State is 15-12 overall and 5-7 in the MAC. The Golden Flashes are coming off a 70-63 win at Loyola Chicago on Saturday. Kent State is led by Chris Evans who is averaging 17 points and 7.6 rebounds per game.
Kent State leads the all-time series, 27-8. The Golden Flashes won the last meeting, 80-68, at Alumni Arena on Jan. 16.
• Buffalo is looking for its first ever win at Kent State (0-15). The Bulls have at least two wins at every other MAC venue.
• Javon McCrea has averaged 20.2 points in six career games against Kent State, including a career-high 33 points on Jan. 16.
• Tony Watson is the first player in school history to make six or more three-pointers in three straight games.
• With 1,316 career points, Javon McCrea is 21 points shy of reaching Rob Middlebrooks (1988-92) for eighth place in school history in scoring.
• With 10 assists against Manhattan, Jarryn Skeete became the first UB freshman to record 10 assists in a game since Byron Mulkey had 14 against Ohio on 3/4/07.
• After never scoring more than 19 points in 100 career games, Tony Watson had 24 points against Toledo, a career-high 31 at Miami (OH) and 24 against Manhattan on Saturday.
• Jarryn Skeete is averaging 9.5 points in MAC play.