Bulls Close out West Division Play By Hosting Toledo on Wednesday Night
Buffalo (9-15, 4-6 MAC) vs. Toledo (11-10, 7-3 MAC)
Date: Wednesday, February 13
Time: 7:00 pm
Site: Alumni Arena - Buffalo, NY
Radio: 1230 AM/102.9 FM WECK
TV: Time Warner Cable SportsChannel
Click here for Live Audio
Click here for Live Video
Click here for Live Stats
Click here for Game Notes
BUFFALO, NY - Buffalo is home for its second straight game when it hosts Toledo on Wednesday night at Alumni Arena.
The Bulls are 9-15 overall and 4-6 in the MAC after beating Northern Illinois, 59-54, on Saturday. Javon McCrea led the Bulls with 16 points. Tony Watson added 14 points, including three three-pointers.
Toledo is 11-10 overall and 7-3 in the MAC. The Rockets are coming off a 60-52 win over Eastern Michigan on Saturday night. Toledo is led by Rian Pearson who is averaging 18.6 points and 6.6 rebounds per game.
Toledo leads the all-time series, 11-6. The Bulls won the last meeting, 72-64, at Savage Arena last season. McCrea had 12 points and eight rebounds for UB.
• After losing the first seven meetings with Toledo when first joining the MAC in 1998-99, Buffalo has won six of the last nine meetings, including four straight.
• With 1,267 career points, Javon McCrea is 13 points shy of reaching Rick Coleman (1987-91) for 11th place in school history and 20 points of reaching Curtis Blackmore (1970-73) for 10th place.
• Javon McCrea is one of only two players who have scored in double-figures in every MAC game this year (CMU's Kyle Randall is the other).
• In eight games as a starter, Tony Watson is averaging 38 minutes per game. He has played all 40 minutes three times, including each of the last two games.
• The Bulls are shooting just 57 percent from the free throw line over the last three games (39-of-68).
• Auraum Nuiriankh recorded his third double-double of the season with 10 points and 10 rebounds against Northern Illinois.